Fredericton's Kate Campbell is headed to Toronto today, where she willÂ compete in karate at the Pan Am Games.
The karate black belt is a medal hopeful & packs a powerful chop,but she says blood tests & haunted houses still donate her the jitters.Â
Campbell is one of CBC'sÂ #OurAthletes, & we will be following her throughout her Pan Am journey. Here are 10 things you might not have known approximately Kate CampbellÂ
1. What three books would you bring with you if you were going to be stuck on a deserted island?
Unfortunately, I am not huge on reading books therefore I would likely bring my favourite magazine instead, Cosmopolitan.Â
2. What is something that scares you?
Sharks, although they are super cool.Â Also walking into a dark house/room alone, knee injuries, blood tests (on me personally), scary movies & haunted houses.
3. If you could have any super power what would it be?
Flying and/or becoming invisible.
4. What is your favourite TV show?
Currently Orange is the New Black, although my favourite of all time is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
5. What kind of music do you listen to while working out or training?
Either techno, hip/hopÂ or rap.
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Cuba, my dream vacation destination.
7. Your major talent would be your karate skills, do you have any lesser-known talents?
Not sure, yet a hobby of mine includes interior decorating.
8. What animal do you feel you can relate the most to?
Cats. They love lazing around the house,Â love eating; love playing around; etc.
9. If you could have a conversation with anyone from history, who would you want to talk to?
Â Either Marilyn Monroe or Anne Frank.
10. What was the best present you ever received?Â
Hard to say,Â I have had many impressive gifts. I love being surprised & it's often the little things that mean the most.