Feeling ROUGH: Dog Eats Six Golf Balls, Because Dog

Feeling ROUGH: Dog Eats Six Golf Balls, Because Dog

A dog that was feeling a bit under par was rushed to surgery – & the cause was discovered to be six golf balls.

German Shepherd Murphy had eaten the balls for tee & his owner David Larson grew concerned when the pooch felt rough after eating a bone.

Driving a fair way to the vets, Murphy was finally given a precautionary X-ray – & they discovered six unidentified objects in his stomach.

The seven-year-old rescue dog was quickly given life-saving surgery & doctors found that the objects were golf balls when they opened him up.

Owner David, who took Murphy to the Westway Veterinary Group hospital in Newcastle, said he had no idea where the dog received the balls.

He said: “I couldn’t believe it when I heard he had swallowed six golf balls. I’ve only had him for 18 months.

“He has never come into contact with golf balls during that time, so they must have been lodged inside him for a long time.  

“Having the golf balls inside him must have affected him, because I’ve noticed since the operation he is much brighter & much more playful.

“He was a bit down before & he was maybe having problems. He is very pleased & very playful.”

David added that he will now keep Murphy away from bones & golf courses in future.

Mandy Ball, who was one of four vets to carry out the surgery, said: “Murphy had been vomiting, had a very painful abdomen & was dehydrated.

“We stabilised him with a drip, pain killers & antibiotics before going ahead with surgery the next morning. His condition was life threatening.  

“He stayed in another night & was doing much better by the next morning.

“We’re pleased to see he has made a full recovery & is back to his normal self.”

Glad to see Murphy is back in play.

Also Read

Source: “Yahoo News”

Share and Enjoy

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • Email
  • RSS